Mulching with Compost »
Click here to view "How many bags of mulch in 1 cubic yard?"
- Natural Cedar
- Dyed Brown
- Dyed Red Premium
- Dyed Black Premium
- Dark Mixed Hardwoods
- (Ken) Brown Root & Bark
- Composted Manure Mulch
- Licorice Root Mulch
Mulch & Topsoil Calculator
Enter the approximate length and width of the area you want to cover, then the desired depth (standard depth for mulch is 3"), then click Calculate. The calculator will tell you approximately how many cubic yards of mulch you'll need (based on typical coverage of 100 sq. ft./cubic yard, 3" deep).
IDEAL MULCH - COMPOSTED HORSE MANURE
For over thirty years Tall Oaks Farm now doing business as Bella Rosa Riding Academy has been delivering composted horse manure to local homeowners, gardeners, landscapers and nurseries. Composted horse manure is ideal for conditioning soils in flowerbeds and vegetable gardens, planting grass or sod, and mulching. Derived from a blend of clean, organic materials, including; stable bedding and sawdust, horse urine and manure. Raw materials are stacked into huge, moist piles, which are turned regularly to promote aerobic composting. The natural biological activity causes the piles to heat up to over 160ºF, killing weed seeds, roots, and pathogens. Horse Manure Compost is a biologically active product that builds healthy soil and healthy plants.
- Increases water holding capacity
- Improves workability of the soil
- Promotes beneficial organisms such as earthworms
- Adds essential nutrients and soil microorganisms
- Reduces incidence of plant disease and harmful organisms
- Improves soil structure, porosity and density, creating a better plant root environment
- Allows plants to establish faster
- Helps sandy soils retain water and slower leaching
- Stabilizes soil PH
- Acts as a slow release fertilizer
Suggested Application Rate:
- For potting and planting mix with topsoil or potting soil.
- To condition soils in beds and gardens, and to prepare soils prior to seeding and sod-ding, apply 1-2 inches of compost and till to a depth of 6 inches.
- As a lawn dressing, rake 1/4 to 1/2 inch into turf and water well. Do not completely cover turf, as smothering may occur.
- As mulch, apply 2-6 inches around trees, shrubs, and plants.
Delivered In Bulk - Call or email today to schedule your delivery.